Friday, 22 April 2011

Who Let the Frogs Out?

I hate frogging.

Let me say this, right from the outset:  I don't frog.

Well, that's not strictly true.  I don't frog unless I ab-so-lute-ly have no. Other. Option.

Last night, I had no other option.  Couldn't stitch over the top, couldn't add another stitch in.  It was just plain wrong.  I realised when I got to the bottom of the left hand side, that I'd done something wrong on the right hand side.... aaargh!

I really, really tried to figure out how to get around it but in the end, gave in to the inevitable "rip-it, rip-it, rip-it" of those dang frogs.

Lucky for me this is not a big design.  It is loaded with quarter stitches though and they are a pain-in-the-patootie to frog.  Lucky too, for me that I'd decided to do the left before continuing down the right or I would have been a real cranky-pants sometime in the not too distant future.

The final deciding factor in the "to frog or not to frog" decision: This is for my Mum.  I want her to have my best work not my "get it over and done with" work.

So here is my Thursday night *SAL effort on Mum's Pearl and Roses sampler:

Photobucket You can see both sides are lovely and even now.  Both ending in the same spot.  Yay.  I have to say i love the effect of the Corner Stitch.  There are four of these . . . one for each corner.  Fancy that.

Hey, by the way; A big "Thank you" to all of you who have joined me as followers.  I wish you all a blessed and safe Easter.

. . . and lots of yummy Hot Cross Buns and chocolate Easter Eggs!

MM-mm.

xxx

K

ETA: * SAL = Stitch-a-long.  This particular one being the about.com cross stitch forum SAL, "Come Stitch With Us."  We stitch Tuesday/Thursday night each week and then post our progress on the forum.  No rules other than: have fun, post photos, don't forget your drool cloths.  We love visitors and anyone else who loves to stitch.  So why don't you "Come stitch with us?"

7 comments:

  1. Hey Kirstin,
    Your sampler is Gorgeous! I'm proud of you for frogging - I know how much you hate it. But this one is just way too special to try to cover up your error.
    I'm enjoying reading your blog and signed up as a Follower. You are now officially on my Favorites bar.
    Hugs - Bobbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sampler and the corner stitch is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bobbie! xxx

    And thank you too, Fabstitches. I think I'm going to make use of the corner stitch on other things, in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirstin,

    Bobbie just informed me that you now have a blog. Congratulations sister! More power to you :-)

    Warmest regards,
    Toni
    http://toni-favoritethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni :)

    I saw that incredible yarn stockpile you posted in your blog the other day! That's crazy stuff, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate frogging too and will try anything to avoid it, the piece I'm working on at the moment has a big "work-around" at the bottom because I made one column of stitches too long.
    This looks good though and was definitely a case when frogging was a must.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be following along Kirstin! Love your blog!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete