Tuesday, 27 December 2011

The Best Christmas Ever.

My kids announced this late Christmas afternoon: "This is the best Christmas ever!"  I have to admit, I'm inclined to agree with them.

We had an incredibly laid back day.  Summer finally arrived in Sydney - it was a beautiful sunny day.  Lily woke up at 6am, Jacob shortly after 6.30.  They found their stockings, unpacked them and arranged themselves in the middle of the lounge room floor.  I got up around 7 I think.  We puddled around for a while, started getting organised for breakfast and suddenly realised it was almost 9am and Guy's sister and  her DH would be arriving any minute.  Quick showers and a run of the vacuum cleaner LOL.  They arrived about 9.15 and had her BIL with them also.

The kids by now were busting to open their pressies so after moving their "stocking stash" we gave them the things from under the tree.

Photobucket
Late Christmas Eve - Ready for Christmas Morning
They were both totally thrilled with their gifts and didn't have any complaints at all.  By the time the in-laws left, we realised it was 11:30 and we hadn't had breakfast!  I got cooking and at noon we sat down to Pancakes with bacon, banana, strawberries, maple syrup, lemon and cream and fresh squeezed orange juice.  So good!


Photobucket

Being that breakfast ended up being at lunchtime, we weren't fussed about lunch. LOL.  We all chilled for several hours - the kids played with their presents, Guy slept for a couple of hours, I stitched!!!

Photobucket

We eventually thought more food might be in order around 4pm - We ended up having "mouse traps" - glorified cheese on toast! LOL.  Actually, we had cheese, salami, ham, onion, mushroom and tomato - baby pizzas really.  Seriously yummy but not really standard Christmas fare I suppose.

We had good friends and their three little ones arrive around 7 for dinner.  Our DH's took the kids to the park (Summer here, remember, so still warm and daylight) while Bianca and I got the salad ready.  Dinner was cold roast turkey, roast pork and roast chicken with a huge salad.  I'd cooked the chook Christmas Eve and the turkey and pork roasted during our lazy afternoon.

Dessert was the highlight of the evening's menu.  I made it up as I went along after seeing a couple of things in the week running up to Christmas... 


Photobucket

It really was a wonderful day.  Quiet but very happy and one I think we will remember for a long while to come.

I hope you all had a wonderfully blessed Christmas.  

Photobucket
Miss Lily
Santa brought her a new dress
and matching hair ribbons - and of
course other things to make her smile.
Photobucket
Jacob with his stocking stash.
Santa brought him Lego,
a set of Diary of a Wimpy Kid books
and "Uno"
along with other assorted bits and pieces.

xxx

Kirstin

5 comments:

  1. Kirstin, what a fabulously relaxed Christmas Day - ours was a little more stressful than that what with storms, etc, but still really good.

    Thanks for sharing your fabulous pics.

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kaye! You're in Melbourne??? I saw the hail damage on the news... I'm glad you had a good day anyway. I hope you all stayed safe and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. coooo wish I had had your breakfast and puddings .lol sounds like you had a wonderful day and love the photos of your bugs with their new gifts ... wish I was young enough to wear a beautiful dress like that again :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a wonderful Christmas. My mouth is watering just looking at all the food. Take care and hope you have a wonderful new stitchy year.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome day, Kirstin. Your joy of the day shows up on every word. :D

    Kids are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete