Friday, 30 December 2011

Farewell 2011...

Goodbye 2011.  You've been a year of all sorts of ups and downs... To be honest, it has been "The Year of the Emotional Roller Coaster."

I'd have to say there have been as many ups as downs this year - unlike last which was definitely more down than up.  There's nothing like some terrible downs to make you appreciate the good stuff, that's for sure.  Not wanting to dwell too much on the bad but earthquakes and miscarriage made for a lousy start to the year and the ongoing 'quakes in Christchurch and the consequent constant fear for my family meant I slept very little and was pretty darn cranky for a good part of the year.  Like I said though, the good stuff has been really good and I am more than able to count my blessings and thank God that he is there in the valley as well as on the mountain tops!

Stitching wise, this was the year of finishing the UFO's and WiP's.  I pretty much finished everything I set out to finish and even had extras that I started and finished!  I'll update my "2011 finishes" page in the next couple of weeks when I'm adding the daily photos for the Crazy 15.

Tomorrow morning, we're heading off camping - or "glamping" as we coined the phrase last summer.  LOL.  We pitch the tent in our friends' back paddock and still enjoy all the "conveniences" of the house.  Perfect.  As long as it doesn't rain tomorrow when we want to pitch the tent, it's all good.

I'll be starting my Crazy 15 while we're away!  *Gulp*  Hope I don't forget to take anything important!!!

Happy New Year to you all.  I don't make resolutions.  I do plan on stitching lots, using up lots of my stash, adding to my stash, spending more time with my kids, actually using my gym membership and losing a stack of weight.  Not resolutions.  Just ideas for next year.

To all of you who have been following along with my blog for the past few months; Thank you :)  I look forward to sharing lots of "stitchiness" with you in 2012.

Have a safe and happy New Year's celebrations.

See you next year!!!

xxx

K


4 comments:

  1. WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH FULL OF HAPPINESS AND JOY.
    LOVE AND HUGS
    CUCKI X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! (And I love the sound of glamping)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, that's the kinda camping I'd do. ;)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete