Sunday, 11 December 2011

Urrgh!

I soooo need new glasses!

Hmph.

Usually, I love beading.  I have no trouble with the YLI invisible thread, in fact, I love it.  But not tonight.

I can't get my needle threaded.  I can't see the eye of the needle.  I can't see the hole in the bead.

Aaaaargh!!!

I'm desperately trying to get my one and only Christmas ornament finished in time to post for an exchange. I've still got a couple of days up my sleeve but my eyes are driving me nuts.


Ok.  Whinge over.


The positive side of things - I'm really rather chuffed with how the ornament is turning out.  Can't show photos of course... which reminds me - I don't believe I showed photos of the scissor case and fob I made for the last about.com exchange.

Hold on a mo and I'll see if I can rustle up a couple of pics...

Photobucket
Scissor Case and Fob.
Stitched on 28ct black Monaco.
Gloriana Silk "Twilight"
Lining 28ct Lilac Cashel Linen
Mill Hill Glass Beads



Stitched design is mostly my own with a few "borrowed" elements from here but the finishing instructions I found in an excellent tutorial here.  This was my first attempt at real hardanger, ie: cutting, my first time stitching on black and my first time using silk!   The case is lined with lilac linen to match the gorgeous variegation in the silk.

Ooo - I've just noticed I've got some new followers!  How very exciting!

*Waving*  Hellooo!  How lovely to have you.  Thank you for joining me here!

Well, I'm off to bed to give my poor eyes some rest.  It's almost 1am. Again.

Night, night.  Sweet dreams.

xxx

K





Photobucket
Back view.
I made the centre of the back to match the back of the fob.
Both cut sections are lined with purple satin.

10 comments:

  1. Your scissor case and fob are GORGEOUS!! The hardanger and colour combo is beyond beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a lot of first you did a very good job but you already know that. Don't you just hate having to get new glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about some cheap reading glasses to get you through?

    Happy Stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww your scissor case and fob are super cute..i love them so much..well done..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scissor case and fob, beautiful colour scheme.
    You can have the 23rd on my advent calendar. All you have to do is post a stitched Christmas/Wintery pic and add a tradition that your country or family have at this time of the year. I will copy the pic onto my main blog post for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! So stunning! I love the colours you chose and way to go for attempting Hardanger!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous work you have done, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the beading.

    Love the scissor fob!!!!

    ReplyDelete