* First one, specifically to those of you who have stitched Evening in the Park:
- This photo, on Chatelaine.net, appears to have a stitched centre.
- Yet This photo, on ECC, does not.
- And This photo has a crystal star in the centre.
EitP is the design that's yelling at me most loudly but I don't want to spend a bucket load of money and not have a charted centre when that's one of the principal things drawing me to the Chatelaine designs.
* Secondly, the yahoo groups. Are the past groups still there and do you have to join the group to stitch the piece? I can't get the hang of the yahoo boards. I joined the Specialty Stitchers and the Crazy January Challenge but I just can't negotiate my way round the board.
* Thirdly, There's no way I'd keep up with one of these and get it all done to a schedule. For me, a "Chat" will be a long - very long - term project, so if there are rules and regs about stitching them, I probably shouldn't start...
* Should I start with a "mini" or "micro" or is it ok to just jump right on in with a biggie? I've never really been a "beginner" stitcher. I leapt in at the deep end when I started cross stitching. My first stitch had fractionals and tweeding, my second had fractionals, tweeding and blending filament and my third had all of the above and was on linen... I'm not overly experienced with specialty stitches but I don't have too much trouble learning something new if I've got decent written instructions or a good you-tube vid.
I know there's plenty of support out there